Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Happy 4th Birthday, James!: Star Wars Cookies

The days are long, but the years are short.
-Gretchen Rubin

How can the baby boy that made me a mommy be four?! Seriously, can I even call him a toddler anymore?  What is he now, a child?


While the past four years has had days that I just didn't know if I was cut out for this mom thing, there truly has been no greater joy than seeing him grow into my Star Wars-loving, non-stop question asking, endless hug giving, best big brother, sweet, happy, precocious little boy.


James is currently obsessed with Star Wars.  We are either watching Lego Star Wars, dancing to the Star Wars music, or having lightsaber fights.  Naturally, this led to a Star Wars birthday party.  I promised myself I wouldn't go overboard this time, but when James asked for Star Wars cake and cookies, I couldn't say no. (see above pictures to understand why)




And just a few other pictures from the big day...




Birthday boy got shy with everyone singing to him


My sweet James, I love you more than you will ever know, but I will spend the rest of your birthdays going over the top and spoiling you rotten to give you just an inkling of an idea of how much I do!


(Mom)



No comments:

Post a Comment