Thursday, December 5, 2013

Santa Claus Cookies

I personally refused to do any Christmas cookies before Thanksgiving had passed, but the second it was over I dived into my first Christmas cookies.  I'd be lying if I didn't admit that ever since I first started this cookie venture back in March, I have been looking forward to Christmas cookie season.

My sweet friend Melanie, who you may remember from my housewarming cookies, hosts an annual Santa Christmas party and wanted cookies for the event.  The theme for the party was "Letters to Santa" so she asked me to design some Santa cookies and then some mail themed cookies that you'll see in my next post.

 
I was shocked to realize that I didn't actually own a Santa cookie cutter! I have since rectified that dilemma, but at the time when I needed to bake these James was already napping so I had to improvise.  I chose to mend together a scalloped oval and a Santa hat and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
 

 

 
I am so excited that it is officially the "most wonderful time of the year" and I am looking forward to sharing many, many Christmas cookies with you.  Don't forget to come back to see part two of my cookies for Melanie!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment