Monday, May 20, 2013

Teacher Retirement Party: Nerdy Apples

I met April on the first day of school in 4th grade.  If ever there was a "meet-cute" made for the movies, it was ours (on a side note- I hope "meet-cute" doesn't refer only to romantic couples or you might think this post is headed in a very different direction...). 

Anyhow, we were sitting near each other in the "morning room."  I had that mixture of excitement/anticipation of the first day back, before all the monotony of a school year sets in.  I heard someone call my name and whipped my head around to see which of my friends I was about to be reunited with after the long summer.  My hair has almost always been long and my ponytail smacked April right in the face.  It was a great ice breaker and we have been friends ever since!

She contacted me about making cookies for her mentor teacher's retirement party.  April surprised her teacher not only by being at the party, but also by bringing cookies.  I recently saw these cookies on Sweet Sugarbelle's blog and thought they would be perfect for the party.







That's April on the far left surprising her mentor teacher!
I now know you had so much fun surprising your mentor teacher.  I look forward to getting together this summer and letting our little guys meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment