Thursday, July 11, 2013

Baby Shower Cookies: Farm Theme Cookies

Before this new adventure into cookiedom (yes, I just made up a word), I was a high school teacher at a private school down in Houston.  I had wonderful colleagues, and one of those was Rachel.  She recently received the wonderful blessing of being an aunt and wanted to get cookies for her family to celebrate the special occasion. 
 
Her nephew's nursery is a farm theme, so she originally sent me an idea of farm animals with a farmer and barn.  The cookies were adorable, but for some reason the idea of doing traditional baby cookies but with a farm theme twist hit me.  I immediately sketched out the onesies with overalls since I just had practice making overalls with my If You Give a Mouse a Cookie mouse cookies, and I thought it looked pretty darn cute.  Then, the cow print on rattles and bibs just came naturally.
 
 
 

Congratulations on your new nephew, Rachel!  Being an aunt is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment