Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Cookies: Home is Where the Heart is

I talked about my amazing English teacher Mrs. Smith in my blog post for Williams Syndrome Awareness cookies, but she isn't the only incredible English teacher I was blessed to have in my life!  Mrs. Johnston taught me British Literature my senior year of high school.  I enjoyed her class so much, not just because we were able to talk her into getting donuts on a few occasions, but also because she was one of those teachers you could tell genuinely loved and cared about you.  Because of wonderful Facebook, I was recently able to reconnect with Mrs. Johnston!

Mrs. Johnston has family visiting all the way from Maine and Florida.  Because they don't get to make it home to Texas very often, she wanted to make them a Texas goodie bag to take back home with them.  I thought that was such a sweet idea and I was honored that she wanted my cookies to be a part of it!  Since they will be here over the 4th, a patriotic spin on the cookies was only natural.  Mrs. Johnston had seen my Going Away cookies for my friend Jenny and together we came up with the concept.


 

The stars have sanding sugar on the white border.  This not only made them pop and tie them in with the USA cookies, but it adds a nice crunch to the cookie as well.

 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy this time with your family, Mrs. Johnston, and thank you so much for letting me be a part of giving your family a little piece of Texas to bring home with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment