Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Baby Shower Cookies: Gold Nest and Herringbone Cookies

If I told you to guess who ordered the following cookies, who would you say?  If you guessed my wonderful friend Kim, you're right!  If you're new to the blog, this is Kim's third time to order.  You can see the previous cookies she ordered here and here.

She hosted a baby shower this past weekend and wanted me to make cookies to coordinate with the shower invitations.  I decided to use this opportunity to try out a new technique: rubber stamping.  It definitely took some trial and error, but I finally perfected it and love the chic, vintage feel of the nest cookies.  

To coordinate, Kim asked for a herringbone pattern.  I scoured the internet and the only herringbone cookies I found were these pretty ones by Haniela's.  While I loved the cookies she did, I wanted to create something that looked more like a true herringbone textile.  I decided to go with a wet-on-wet technique to get the feel I wanted.


Also, lucky for me, Lila Loa is hosting another one of her monthly challenges and this month is "Add Something Extra."  I used luster dust to create the gold color for the nest and border.



Thank you again, Kim, for being not only one of my most loyal and supportive customers, but also friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment