Saturday, July 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Krista - Part Two: Brush Embroidery & Chevron

I know you must have been so anxious to see part two of Krista's birthday cookies!  Well, have no fear, you can see them below.  (Intended to be read with sarcasm for those of you who don't know me too well, and if you thought that was sincere because it applied to you, then ignore the part about sarcasm and hooray!)

As I already told you in Part One of this cookie set, Krista gave me complete artistic freedom to do absolutely whatever I wanted.  When I was thinking about what to do, I knew I wanted something elegant and classy, because I wanted the cookies to give off the same sophisticated vibe that Krista has.  Don't get me wrong, Krista isn't a stiff and no fun, she just is always so put together and lovely.  I decided to go with a trendy, yet classic print, chevron, and then push myself to try a new technique, brush embroidery.




I'm pretty in love with the brush embroidery and am thrilled with how it turned out.  I cannot wait to use this technique again soon.




Again, the beautiful, artistic shots below are by the birthday girl herself.  If you haven't already, you should go like her Facebook page for her event planning business, Event Identity!

 


She also did these gorgeous shots of the whole set.




Krista, you are such a beautiful person, inside and out.  It was such a pleasure and honor to make cookies for your special day.  I LOVE you!

No comments:

Post a Comment