Saturday, October 5, 2013

Chalkboard Baby Shower Cookies

I wanted an excuse to make painted cookies ever since I made my peacock cookies, and thanks to my friend Krista, I had that opportunity. You may remember Krista from the birthday set that I made for her where she gave me free rein to create whatever I wanted.  I loved this artistic freedom and she trusted me to do this again!
 
Krista helped host a baby shower and being the wonderful friend she is, she wanted cookies in lieu of a cake.  Krista's only request for the cookies was that they echoed the invitation.  The invites (seen here-) had a chalkboard feel to them, which gave me my reason to paint!  In addition to loving the invitations, I had the sweet baby girl's name to work with and that made these cookies a lot of fun.
 
 
 

The invitations also included this insert and I copied its design for the cookie below that featured the baby-to-be's name.
 


 
 
Krista, thank you so much for ordering and once again giving me the opportunity to stretch my artistic side!

No comments:

Post a Comment