Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Bunny came early!


I love pasting cookie cut-outs together to get a desired shape or word.  I had previously done this for my sister's 30th birthday cookies and loved how easy it was to make a more impressive cookie.  I wanted to make an Easter bunny, but not the bodiless, floating head, but the whole bunny.  To do this I used the teddy bear cutter, beheaded him*, and then added on the bunny head.  The result was a bit adorable if I don't say so myself, and he is one dapper bunny dressed to impress!  

The carrot in his hand is made from left-over icing piped on wax paper, dried overnight and then peeled right off




Every-bunny needs some-bunny sometimes
                             
Close-up on that adorable mug
 
I brought these to our playgroup to wish everyone a very "Hoppy" Easter (too much with the puns?).  The best part of making cookies is definitely watching people enjoy them. Despite all the time and effort put in to making them, at the end of the day, it is still a cookie meant to be eaten and nothing was better than seeing James's friends smiling as they were eating the ears.




*No animals were harmed in the production of these cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment