Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday, Reese!

As I am writing this, everyone has gathered at the Delgado home to celebrate Reese's 1st birthday and I am not there.  Why do you ask?  Because my son picked the least opportune time to develop a stomach bug.  No party, no cake, and most importantly no COOKIES for us!

Reese's party is a rainbow theme and Alicia, Reese's mom, found these cookies on Pinterest and really liked them.  I told her I would love to make them for Reese's party.  I thought they were cute, but instead of making 2 dozen rainbow stripe cookies, I asked her how she felt about me throwing in some lace accent cookies to make it less monotonous.  She thought that was a great idea, so I ran with it!
 
I created this new lace design for more variety




Original Rainbow cookie design found by Alicia


Packed up and ready to go to the party!
Some close-up, more artistic shots!


 
Happy 1st Birthday, Reese! I hope it is a memorable one, and we are all pretty bummed here in the Supak house that we can't be there to celebrate with you.  But, I look forward to future birthdays and watching you grow up into a beautiful young lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment