Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lace cookies

Ever since I saw lace cookies for the first time on Pinterest, I became obsessed. Ok, obsessed may be a bit of an overstatement, but I did spend a little too much time admiring the detail, intricacy, and beauty that someone took the time to put into a cookie.  I just had to try it. I had some leftover icing from practicing rainbow cookies for Reese's 1st birthday (post on that to come later), so I thought I'd give it a whirl. 




I was pretty proud of myself, especially this being my first effort.  And, I was actually pleasantly surprised by how simple these were to make.  A cookie that I thought would take hours was knocked out in under ten minutes (after allowing the base icing "coat" to dry overnight). I have to admit that I am still pretty infatuated with these cookies and I know I'll be doing them many more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment